Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Bad Ideas in Marketing: No pizza here



Bad Ideas in Marketing
Part One
Ed's Fish and Pizza House has several signs featuring their name. Which may be one reason they don't want to change their name, despite the fact that they don't serve pizza anymore, a fact of which the nice chef spinning the pizza is happy to inform us. At first glance this seems like a Bad Idea in Marketing, however the more I think about it I could be wrong. My wife and I giggle about the spinning pizza guy every time we go past. Perhaps the folks at Ed's are operating on a different marketing plane. It's the made you look effect. In all fairness to Ed's I hear they have a great fish sandwich. I'll try and post a review soon. Just don't expect anything about the pizza.

4 comments:

Paul Nicholson said...

is that supposed to be ice or shark teeth on the window to the right?

Eric and Katie said...

I don't know....that's a good question. I guess I'll have to stop in and visit just to get the full story. I'll let you know what they say. My bet is on shark teeth.

joisymikes said...

Here is a link to an article in the Tennessean from just last August. in there is a mention of Ed's.

I'm note sure why the domon name is RCtimes.com tho----

http://www.rctimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060811/ENTERTAINMENT0201/608110320/1005/MTCN0303

Eric and Katie said...

Thanks for the background...Well, if they are one of the original fish folks, then I really have to try it. Currently my favorite fish sandwich is Joe's on Clarksville Highway. I'll also have a review of Kingfish next week....