Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Wow-Everyone Eating Out!

How successful was the Eat Out for Nashville event yesterday? We found a much busier than usual Monday night at the Holland House Bar and Refuge. Lannae Long says she found big lines at Burger Up and Baja Burrito. I was puzzled this morning by the fact that our blog traffic yesterday doubled. I did a little Google Analytics breakdown and sure enough...the increase was due to organic searches and the top term was Eat Out for Nashville. I know eating dinner seems like a really small thing to do, but every bit helps and I think most people in this city are doing many other things, including volunteer clean-up work. Eat Out for Nashville was just another way that we could join together and show that We Are Nashville.

We had a blast at Holland House and the staff was certainly digging the fact that it was for such an important cause. We'd like to take a moment to thank the restaurants and their workers for making it all happen...they did the real work. And an especially big thanks to Chris Chamberlain at the Nashville Scene for organizing it all and Doug Hogrefe, the owner of Amerigo, for getting the ball rolling. It will be cool to see how much money was raised.

5 comments:

ceeelcee said...

Thanks for all your help in publicizing the event. Every extra set of eyes that Googled upon your blog yesterday probably gave a minimum of $20 to flood relief and probably took at least one person with them.

Lesley said...

Unbelievable turnout at all the restaurants, I think. It was very busy at the Acorn!

SunnyLea said...

I had to wait almost 1.5 hours for Burger Up, but I was *glad* to do it!

Almost went to Holland House myself, but it is across town for me and I didn't want to fight the traffic. I still haven't been.

mIKES said...

Does Holland House have a sign on it? I drove past what I think is the place yesterday @ 5PM and did not see much activity? My daughter lives 300 yards from the place...

Jacklyn said...

This was such a cool event! You guys did an awesome job keeping us all in the loop! Thank you!