Friday, January 28, 2011

Swagruha Expands to Brentwood

One of the spiciest Indian joints in town is expanding with a new location in Brentwood this spring. We're just a few of the many fans of the Southern Indian restaurant Swagruha, currently located in the Nashville Farmer's Market. They confirm that they will be keeping that location and adding a new restaurant in the Target Center at Old Hickory Blvd. near I-65. The owner says they hope to have it up and running by May or June.

This tip comes courtesy of mIKES, a longtime reader and contributor. He has apparently become addicted to the place. We can only hope they keep piling the plates full of spicy food, like they do at the Farmer's Market location. It's one of the best, quality food bargains in Nashville.  But given a dining room it will probably be a more traditional affair.

7 comments:

Marc said...

My god, I love that place. I eat there every week and rave about it to my friends. Good on them for expanding, they deserve it.

Aaron Dalton said...

Exciting. Haven't made it to Swagruha yet, but I've heard it's the best Indian food in Nashville. Exciting that it is expanding to Brentwood (especially since we'll moving to the Big B this spring). :)

Eric and Katie said...

Marc: we agree...good folks and good food. Aaron: I think you'll enjoy it. It's nice to have a Southern Indian place. We like spicy!

Ashmita said...

My husband and I tried it for the first time last weekend, and no exaggeration, its by far the best in Nashville. I'd recommend it to all.

Anonymous said...

Is Swagruha still coming to Brentwood?

Eric and Katie said...

Just got off the phone with them...they still hope to later in the year, but have no real date set right now. Sounds like it has been postponed.

Anonymous said...

Swagruha is the best Indian food in Nashville. I love the rustic comforting quality of their food. I eat there 3 or 4 times a week. And I'd pay twice as much for it. It's that good... Mark Jones loyal customer