Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Midweek: Hot Chicken in Hendersonville

Nashville Restaurants and Food
Midweek: Hot Chicken in Hendersonville

For the most part Hot Chicken places in Nashville have that designation as their primary identity. A few places though, keep it on the down low. Scoreboard Bar and Grill in Donelson serves up some mean hot chicken and yet you have to get a look at the menu to notice. Moore’s Famous Chicken in Hendersonville bills itself as a fried chicken restaurant. If you look closely you at the menu you’ll notice spicy listed as an option. Ask a few more questions of proprietor David Moore and you’ll find he serves up chicken spicy or hot. At first I think perhaps it’s just seasoning in the batter, but when it comes out it sure looks like hot chicken. And in case you’re still thinking it’s not really hot chicken take a bite: big, spicy, complex flavor (a little sweet) permeates that fry and with just enough heat to qualify. I’d give it a Prince’s mild at spicy. You’d be perfectly safe to do hot at Moore’s. If you’re in the area and want to give it a try you’ll find Moore’s tucked into a well-worn strip mall just off Main Street on Walton Ferry Road. I’m heading back for catfish and will update you on that adventure.

Moore’s Famous Fried Chicken
115 Walton Ferry Road
Hendersonville
615-265-8670

5 comments:

Bostonsoutherner said...

I love this place. My So Cal husband didn't even think he liked fried chicken before he tried Moore's. We're officially regulars now.

Bostonsoutherner said...

Fantastic! If you love fried chicken this isn't to be missed. If you don't think you like fried chicken try this before you make up for mind.

Slick-jr said...

I've lived in Hendersonville for a long time and have been hoping we'd get a good fried chicken place. Well, we didn't get a good one. We got a GREAT one. I love the fried Chicken. I keep wanting to try something else but always return to my first love. My hot meter settles at the mild.

Anonymous said...

Chicken to die for. This place is absolutely fabulous. In addicted.

Anonymous said...

To die for. The food is excellent. I live in Antioch and I travel to Hendersonville on the regular. Oh and Sunday specials are unreal.